World Environment Day 2016 | Go wild for life World Environment Day 2016 It also serves as the ‘people’s day’…
Independent Assessment, Consulting and Reporting Solutions
IFC (World Bank Group) Approved Independent Consultant
12+ years of experience in India and across the globe
Carbon Footprint reporting is an integral part of any sustainability program. As a Carbon Footprint or Carbon Neutral Consultant our work includes Carbon Footprinting for organizations and Products, Low Carbon Strategy Consulting, and Communication Reporting.
Companies are increasingly faced with complex climate risks. The need to identify, address and manage these risks (climate actions) are crucial in order to uphold social license to operate, maintain corporate reputation and achieve sustainable business growth.
We support our customers to craft comprehensive, responsible, and practical approaches to Carbon Management and Net Zero Strategy.
We identify emissions reduction opportunities and assist companies to establish realistic GHG emissions targets.
The essential elements to a successful carbon management program include conducting comprehensive evaluations, understanding your carbon goals, defining the optimum solutions, and measuring your results.
Requirement for Carbon Footprinting becomes of pivotal importance. A well-drafted low carbon growth strategy and management process help companies meet this responsibility and bring business benefits, such as:
- Investors and rating agencies are factoring companies’ Carbon Management Capabilities into sustainability ratings, investment decisions, and cost of capital. Carbon Footprinting forms the basis of the Carbon Management Process.
- Minimizing operational, legal, and reputational risk, thus provides license to operate
- Reducing costs associated with climate action issues
- Strengthening brand reputation with shareholders, investors, government, and the media
- Provides opportunities for businesses to contribute to the realization of the SDGs
WHAT WE OFFER
We work with international and local organizations to support them in their journey to embed and operationalise the emission targets of Net Zero.
We can help you by
The carbon footprint of a company is a significant measure of its impact on the environment. It represents an indirect indicator of the consumption of energy, products, and services and measures the amount of carbon footprint which corresponds to their activities.
The carbon footprint of a product includes greenhouse gas emissions produced during a product’s life cycle, from the extraction of raw materials up to waste disposal.
Development of Low Carbon Growth Strategy
Strategizing low carbon pathway for your operations (midstream, upstream and downstream), setting targets and realization plans.
A data based strategy, that identifies unique company impacts, risks, and opportunities.
Helping companies disclose carbon management related performance and carbon footprint demonstrating commitment to stakeholders at every level.
We use the GHG protocol which is a global corporate standard for carbon footprint measurement and reporting.
The GHG protocol was created jointly by the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and it categorizes emissions related to company operations into three scopes (areas).
Our following validated methodologies support us to handle Global Assignments independent of their locations:
- COMPLETE REMOTE MODE FOOTPRINT ASSESSMENT: Through online modes of interaction, data collection and data validation
- HYBRID MODE FOOTPRINT ASSESSMENT: Through a combination of online interactions and onsite visits
Reach out to our team!
FEW OF OUR EXPERIENCES
Carbon Footprint for a large steel plant
Conducting Carbon Footprinting exercise for a client for a large integrated steel plant in India on behalf of an International Investment Body.
Carbon Footprinting in service sector
As an independent Carbon Footprint Consultant, Consultivo has been assisting in
- The development of the baseline (reference emissions level) and calculating carbon footprint at organizational level
- Creating Carbon Reduction Plan to achieve the maximum possible goal
- Developing operational strategies for achieving the targets of a sustainable carbon management process (including monitoring and control strategy)
Reporting and Disclosures of Carbon footprint related issues
Scientific data based Carbon Footprint information (Scope 1, 2 and or 3) disclosure and communication form an important element in any ESG Report or GRI based Sustainability Report.
As an independent Sustainability Report and carbon Footprint Consultant, Consultivo has supported multiple orgnizations of different sectors and investors through independent reporting and communication of their carbon Footprinting data.
Our cross-practice team works with clients to identify and avoid risks to Climate Change, and to manage the associated risks to their own business.
Members of our practice have been involved in the development, assessment, implementation of core international standards in the climate change, carbon management, and Footprinting area over the last decade. Our team members are completely aligned with the national and international codes and standards.
RELATED STANDARDS, GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS
- GHG protocol (WRI and WBCSD)
- ISO 14064-1:2018 Greenhouse gases — Part 1: Specification with guidance at the organization level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals
- ISO 14067:2018 Greenhouse gases – Carbon footprint of products
- BSI PAS 2050
- GRI Standards – GRI 305 (1-7) Emissions, GRI 302 (Energy)
- SASB Requirements
- CDP Requirements
- PCAF – Global GHG Accounting and Reporting Standard for the Financial Industry
Supporting your journey towards Net Zero.
Climate denial or ignorance is not a profitable proposition.
A carbon footprint measures the total greenhouse gas emissions caused directly and indirectly by a person, organization, event or product. A carbon footprint is measured in tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (tCO2e).
A carbon footprint considers following greenhouse gases:
Carbon dioxide (CO2), Methane (CH4), Nitrous Oxide (N2O), and fluorinated gases like Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), Perfluorocarbons (PFCs), Sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) & Nitrogen Trifluoride (NF3).
Emissions which are released directly into the air generated by activities controlled or owned by an organization:
- Emissions from boilers, furnaces, or generators burning fossil fuels at companies
- Emissions from mobile sources (e.g. motor vehicles) owned by the company
- Emissions from industrial processes
- Emissions from waste or wastewater treatment from installations run by the company
Emissions associated with the consumption of purchased energy:
- Emissions which are not generated directly at the company, but are the result of the company’s activities
- Emissions from sources that are not directly controlled by the company, but the company has a significant influence on their size
Emissions resulting from the company’s activities which are outside the company’s control or ownership:
- Emissions not classified in Scope 2
- Business travel, waste disposal, purchase and transport of material by a third party
- Broadest and least precisely defined category
The Publicly Available Standard 2050 (PAS 2050) was developed by the British Standards Institution in 2008 as the world’s first framework methodology for carbon footprinting. The updated 2011 version provides a method for assessing the life cycle of greenhouse gas emissions of goods and services. Organizations can use this standard to assess the climate change impact of the goods and services they offer.
As a Carbon Footprint Consultant or Carbon Neutral Consultant, Consultivo, works with organizations of all sizes and sectors to identify, prevent, mitigate and account for how it addresses its adverse climate change impacts.
The world today is facing unprecedented, interconnected environmental challenges in areas including climate change, clean water, ocean health and biodiversity. New corporate efforts are needed to increase stewardship of natural resources, implement innovative solutions, and contribute to sustainable development.
COP26 represents a major milestone as the world looks to recover better from the global pandemic and implement the transformative change necessary to limit the global temperature rise to 1.5°C.
In this Decade of Action, we help businesses scale up impact towards the Sustainable Development Goals and the ambitious targets set in the Paris Agreement.
Consultivo, works with organizations of all sizes and sectors to identify, prevent, mitigate and account for how it addresses its adverse climate change impacts.
Consultivo is one of the leading ESG and Sustainability Consultants in India with global experience and expertise in the areas of Carbon Footprint, Water Audit, Water Footprint, GRI based Sustainability Reporting, ESG Gap Assessment and ESG Reporting, BRSR Reporting and many more.
We work with 100+ Global Sustainability Standards
and developed a number of Codes & Standards on Environmental Protection, Energy Management, Safety, Social Accountability & Business Ethics. Our extensive and decade long Sustainability Advisory experience helped us to gather more experiences on National / International Codes, Standards, and legal requirements.