Information Security Precautions: Keeping your data safe while working from home It’s critical to understand the level of anxiety &…
SA 8000 Consulting Solutions | As a SA 8000 Consultant we support organisations on Implementation, Hand holding, Gap Assessment, Training, Capacity Building and Internal Auditing on Social Accountability.
SA 8000 is the first auditable social certification standards which address ethical & decent workplace issues.
Violation of human & labour rights poses a great business risk to any organisation. It affects not only the internal stakeholders but the external stakeholders as well. Thus, it becomes critical for an organisation to demonstrate its ethical practices in terms of welfare & well being of all its employees & suppliers.
Blended Support – Remote & Onsite
SA 8000 is based on the principles of international human rights norms as described in ILO conventions, the United Nations Convention on the Right of the Child and the UNDHR. It measures the performance of companies in eight areas important to social accountability in the workplace: child labour, forced labour, health and safety, free association and collective bargaining, discrimination, disciplinary practices, working hours and compensation.
SA 8000 enables to measure the social compliance & performance of an organisation in these elements which are the basic human rights of workers.
It was developed in 1997 by Social Accountability International (SAI) formerly Council of Economic Priorities, by an advisory board consisting of trade unions, NGOs, civil society organisations and companies.
The standard has been revised a few times & currently SA 8000:2014 is being used for certification.
How can we work together?
Being a SA 8000 Consultant and Training service provider, we share practical expertise and technical competence to ensure that the SA 8000 management system certification process adds value to your organisation
Our unique SA 8000 consulting & implementation methodology will reduce your lead-time for implementation and certification. It’s easy to understand and implement and at the same time, it’s result oriented, time bound and cost effective.
We offer our internationally acquired knowledge customised locally to bring in the best results for our clients and partnering their journey of compliance, standardisation, sustainable growth, success and continual improvement.
Integrate SA 8000 with other management system standards
SA 8000 standard is compatible with other management systems standards and specifications, such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 17025 and different other management standards. Consultivo SA 8000 consultant can help you to integrate seamlessly through Integrated Management system approach which can offer excellent value for money and an easier approach to implement, manage and improve multiple standards simultaneously.
Training – Awareness, Implementation and Internal Auditor Training on SA8000
In order to ensure success of a project, it is essential to monitor that the activities are performed as planned & that minimum deviation occurs. Monitoring act as a great tool to measure the gaps and highlight the risks. Consultivo monitors your stakeholder engagement activities to check that the stakeholders are engaged as per the strategy, brings out the gaps & helps in taking corrective action so that none of the stakeholders have a grievance with regards to their unplanned & random engagement.
Our services (On-site and Remote) include:
Consulting Support for SA 8000 Certification
- Hand Holding supports in preparation stage and post certification maintenance stage
Gap Assessment & Internal Audit
- As-Is-Assessment of the SA 8000 (Social Accountability) requirements and Providing Recommendations for closing the gaps
Training – Awareness, Implementing & Auditing Courses
- We conduct Online Trainer Led Trainings (OILT), E-Learning Courses and Onsite In-House Courses
Methodology: SA 8000 Consulting
Be it a SA 8000 Consulting or any other Social Accountability Consulting, the basic methodology remains almost the same. However, we understand the uniqueness of each project; and so we customise each of them based on the mutually agreed plan.
As an SA 8000 consultant, we conduct an initial gap assessment to understand the level of alignment of your existing system and the requirements of the SA 8000 standard. This will reduce the rework for designing something if your existing system already has that.
A report based on gap assessment will indicate the compliance level of the organisation against national legal requirements & that in SA 8000 standard
- Our SA 8000 consultant discusses with your top management to understand their organisational vision, mission, directions, resource mobilization ability and priority areas. A roadmap will be developed to implement the system within a given timeline
- A detailed visit of the facility, discussion with key members & formation of a core team
- Providing awareness training on SA 8000 standard, internal audit, documentation requirement to the core team
- Development of documents including templates & necessary guidance to the core team for preparation & maintenance of the same. We align the desired documents with your existing documentation system, to reduce duplication and to facilitate change management. This will ensure smooth integration of SA 8000 documentation with current practices & save time in the project implementation
- Implementation handholding through visits & leadership
- Support in Internal Audit, assistance for closing corrective action plan
- Conduct Management review meeting in accordance with the requirement of SA 8000 standard
- Liaison with a certification body for initial audit. Support in certification audit & closure of corrective action plan given by certification body.
Consultivo in SA 8000
Being one of the leading management system certification consulting organisations across Asian countries, we offer our wealth of knowledge, expertise& experience of the different global management system standards to develop your Social Accountability Management System. We understand how to fully use the benefits of your management system to ensure business values.
Irrespective of where you are in your business improvement and certification journey, contact our expert team who will be able to give advice and guidance about options that will enable you to meet your goals.
Send a mail to [email protected] or Call +91 98311 45556
Key benefits of SA8000
Human resource & its aspects form an integral part of the operations of any organisation. Besides, their own workers, companies have multiple suppliers or vendors whose contribution is equally important for the growth of an organisation. Any ignorance of the welfare of the workers & suppliers can have a negative effect not only on business but on the overall reputation & brand image. SA8000 standard certification provides an opportunity to address all legal rights & welfare of its worker’s & vendors and thus, demonstrate its commitment towards an ethical workplace & transparency to all the stakeholders.
When implemented, it helps your organisation in the following way:
- Increased reputation & better brand image
- Enhanced trust, confidence & loyalty of stakeholders
- Legal compliance through a systematic management of statutory and regulatory requirements
- Improves supply chain management & performance
- Better retention of employees
- Improves workplace environment & employee engagement
- Mitigate business risks by addressing labour laws & workplace issues
- Ensures ethical production & services
Reach out to our team!
Certification to a standard is the outcome of a successful assessment by an independent third party, commonly known as Certification Body (CB).
Monitoring (check) of the implemented system is a vital element of SA 8000 standard. Organizations perform internal audits (first-party audits) to check how their quality management system is working. An organization may decide to invite an independent certification body to verify (third party audits) that it is in conformity to the standard, but there is no requirement for this. Alternatively, it might invite its clients to audit (second party audit) the quality system for themselves.
So, certification to SA 8000 standards is not a mandatory requirement of the standard but can be a useful tool to demonstrate that you meet its criteria. Independent Third-Party Certification Bodies offer SA 8000 Certification across the globe.
SA 8000 consulting services do not include Certification. Consultivo facilitates the certification process on behalf of the customer but maintains independence from the process & decision making of certification by the Certification Bodies (CB).
SA 8000:2014 is based on the High-Level Structure (HLS), identical core text, terms & definitions with other recently revised ISO management system standards such as ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015. This framework is designed to facilitate the integration of new management topics into an organisation’s established management systems.
Organisations save 20 – 40% of resources on average when they implement, certify and maintain two or more standards at the same time.
Yes. Consultivo is equipped with knowledge, skill, expertise, experience and tools for the following mode of support:
1. Fully Remote support through digital technologies
2. Fully Onsite support – Conventional method through one to one interaction
3. Hybrid support – A combination of remote and onsite interactions
Find out more about Remote Solutions
More about Remote Management Systems Support
As a managed service, Consultivo conducts regular Internal Audits on behalf of organisations. With the wealth of knowledge and experience of different management systems, our ISO Consultants help customers internal audit team to improve their existing system through a professional quality internal audit.
First party Internal audits are being conducted globally with complete remote or hybrid (combination of remote and onsite) methods.
SA 8000 is equally applicable and beneficial (if implemented properly with management willingness and support) for all types of organisations including smaller organisations.
Meeting requirements and Certification to SA 8000 demonstrates your organisation’s ability to meet customers’ requirements and needs. This results in:
- Increased customer confidence and satisfaction, which in turn can lead to increased business
- A significant competitive advantage because more and more companies require management system certification from suppliers and sub-contractors in order to conduct business with them
- Improved consistency of products, processes and systems
We work with 100+ Global Standards
and developed a number of Codes & Standards on Management Systems, Social Accountability, Safety, Environmental Protection and Business Ethics. Our extensive and decade long Advisory experience helped us to gather more experiences on National/International Codes, Standards and legal requirements.
Partnering in your journey towards Sustainability.
Consultivo is an independent ESG, sustainability, business excellence and risk management consulting firm with 100+ solutions across the value chain.