A sweet November indeed – Interning at Consultivo Hi, my name is Sonam and I am a creative intern at…
Competency Mapping and Management | With over a decade of consultancy experience in the field of competence assurance, Consultivo methods and solutions can support organizations to design and implement cost effective, fit-for-purpose and end-user-friendly competence management systems (CMS). A structured Competency Assessment and Competency Mapping Process ensure that workforce competence is demonstrated to meet business requirements.
Competencies (Core Competence and Functional Competences) are defined in terms of abilities, behaviours, knowledge, and skills that impact the success of employees and organisations.
How can we work together?
We can work starting from identification of talents’ role and responsibilities, developing Competency Mapping Process, setting of technical (functional) and behavioral competencies, and identification of employee training needs with respect their job role, assessment and analysis of the same, planning of development program.
At Consultivo, we are a team of trained professionals who work in various industries and deal with different issues in competence management. Our experts have also conducted a competence assessment in line with ISO management system standards including ISO 10015:2019 – Guidelines for competence management and people development.
What do we offer?
DEFINING COMPETENCE ASSESSMENT MODEL & FRAMEWORK
TRAINING NEED IDENTIFICATION
CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT CENTRES
TRAINING ON COMPETENCE MANAGEMENT
Consultivo provides Training on competence management. We customize the training programme based on your needs & expectations.
Training on competence management will include:
- Methodology and framework
- Linkages with the performance management system
- Psychometric assessment through the assessment centre
Competency Mapping Methods
Consultivo in Competency Mapping through Assessment Centres
- Defining employee role and responsibilities
- Linkage with the organisational objective
- Mapping technical and behavioural competence both
- Defining each competency based on the Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
- Training need identification
- Continuous assessment through assessment centre and action plan development
Challenges in doing competency mapping
Many of today’s organisations can be characterised as distributed, matrix, and global, with functions that often operate autonomously in the absence of governance. These factors make efficient and effective identification, utilisation, and implementation of competencies difficult.
- Competency management is treated as an HR process, rather than a business imperative.
- Identification of critical competencies is difficult.
- Alignment of competency development with business goals is weak.
- Investment in competency management is deprioritised.
- Competency models are exclusive of technical competencies.
- Competencies are too often paper-based.
Reach out to our team!
- Help management to align JD with key objectives
- Identify skill – gap of the people
- Capacity building of the employee to execute the job effectively
- It can be used for multi-skilling
- It can be used for skill utilisation
Competence Mapping, Competence Management and People Development
Competency management is the set of management practices that identify (Competency Mapping Process) and optimize the skills and competencies required to deliver on an organization’s business strategy.
Structured and planned competency mapping steps provide the foundation to manage strategic talent management practices such as workforce planning, acquiring top talent, and developing employees to optimize their strengths.
The international standard ISO 10015:2019 Quality management — Guidelines for competence management and people development provides a guideline for Competency Mapping methods and Competency Mapping steps.
Leading with Competency Mapping and Competency Management
Competency mapping and aims to identify present and future competence needs based on your strategic plans and business goals, and can be an integral part of an established competence management system.
A carefully designed and conducted Competency Mapping & Management Process can reap the following benefits:
- Get a full overview of workforce competence and related risks
- Roadmap to an impactful and effective Competence Management Systems
- Agile measurement for proactive adjustments
- Up-to-date workforce skills
- Improve efficiency in people management
- Profit from optimized recruitment and competence development processes
- Measure the effectiveness of your training
As a Competency Mapping & Management Consultant, Consultivo provides end to end services in the domain of performance management.
Competency Mapping – When should we conduct
Organizations are expected to conduct a Competency Mapping & Management Process on a regular basis. Many conduct this annually.
Choosing when to conduct the process should take several things into consideration. Few of them are mentioned below:
- Scheduling the assessment in a relatively non-peak production period
- Until and unless there is a specific purpose, it’s better to avoid high-stress periods like a bonus, performance appraisal, merger, restructuring, lay-off etc. There is a chance to get skewed results during these periods.
Competence Mapping and Competence Management – The Consultivo way
As an Independent HR Consulting Company, Consultivo provides full spectrum support to manage competence in a systematic way that helps you to achieve your goals as a company.
Rely on Consultivo to design your competence management system and thus ready to support your operations.
Competency Mapping & Management Process can be conducted fully online, Fully Onsite and in a blended method, depending on the purpose and requirements.
Consultivo offers bespoke solutions in the entire domain of HR Consulting including Engagement Surveys, HR Audit, Human Rights Due Diligence, Employee Well being Audit and HR Trainings. Call or WA +91 98311 45556 or write to [email protected]
You are on a journey towards People Excellence. Consultivo People Excellence model is a people management framework that allows companies to achieve success by measuring where they are on the path towards positive transformation.
This model will enable you to understand the gaps and possible solutions available. Finally, it significantly improves your organisation’s performance.
Competence mapping plays a very vital role under the element ‘detection’.
Irrespective of where you are in your business improvement and people excellence journey, contact our expert team who will be able to give advice and guidance about options that will enable you to meet your goals.
Send a mail to [email protected] or Call +91 98311 45556